Think you’ve got it rough at IEP meetings? Well, plenty of kids don’t even have parents to attend such meetings on their behalf. Children who are wards of the state need educational surrogates to advocate for them in the special education process. And, at least in Missouri, the state is hiring, reports the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.